Class at 8? Woke up at 7:59? Been there. So, I’ve put together a few tips and tricks for getting ready with no time to spare while also avoiding showing up to class looking like a dumpster fire.
One of the most difficult things to tackle in a short amount of time is makeup. Luckily, there are two main focuses when trying to look alive: your complexion and your eyes.
- Moisturize and highlight! Zombies don’t glow. As seen in my last article, I’ve discovered a product that tackles both of these points in one go: Tata Harper’s Illuminating Moisturizer. This product is the only reason I don’t look like I’m dying in the mornings (see effect below).
- Eyes… We all know the telltale of exhaustion is the eyes. If you feel like dabbing a little concealer under them go for it– but for those of you who don’t have the time, focus on your lashes. Personally, mascara takes me ages. So, I just rub a little rosehip seed oil on them (for a darker appearance) and curl them. Trust me, it’s enough to get the job done.
On to the next most important issue… hair! You can always do a fun ponytail or braid (or whatever you find on Pinterest), but I have one borderline daily go-to look: a messy bun (with a few alterations).
- Make the messy bun (obvi)…
- Use bobby pins (my faves linked here) to pin the bun higher up on your head, giving it more life and volumizing your roots!
- Most importantly: Pull a few tendrils from the front of each side and curl them! This makes it look like you actually tried…
Finally, outfits. I know it’s tempting to wear sweats or leggings and a sweatshirt, but I have a fave method for staying cute without sacrificing comfort: Oversized T-shirts!
My absolute fave outfit is a large men’s graphic/band tee as a dress. Add converse and a big tote bag and you’ve got a look! You can find super fun, unique T’s for dirt cheap here. My best find has Elvis’s mugshot on the front, and I got it for $8– the price of a burrito bowl!
So if you see me around, you’ll know when I’ve woken up late… but outing myself is 1000% worth it to help out my fellow sleep-deprived sisters. I’ll see you guys around. #MessyBunGang