There are a few things worse than waking up, looking in the mirror and noticing a giant pimple that has magically appeared in the middle of your face! But wait – no need for panic. I’ve come across five home remedies to help treat those who get the occasional stress zit or those who struggle with chronic acne.
The best part of my remedies? All the ingredients can be found in your kitchen! In my book, that qualifies as a secret beauty weapon.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the best natural astringents that has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties proven to suppress inflammation. With only two simple ingredients, this apple cider toner recipe will help treat acne scars and may help dry up excess oil that causes acne in the first place.
- Nothing is sweeter than honey! Honey has many skin-saving properties including antioxidants that are great for slowing down the aging process as well as natural antibacterial benefits that help acne treatment and prevention. Not to mention it’s extremely moisturizing and soothing, giving you a complete complexion boost. This homemade honey and lemon face mask will give you an instant glow!
- Green tea is filled with anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness and inflammation. Green tea is also loaded with antioxidants that help neutralize damage-causing free radicals, protecting your skin cells and keeping them healthy, which ultimately prevents aging. It’s rich in catechins, which are antimicrobial and help destroy acne-causing bacteria. Follow these steps for an easy green tea mixture to achieve all the skin benefits it has to offer!
- Tea tree oil is an essential oil that is known for its ability to fight bacteria and reduce skin inflammation as it contains strong antibacterial and anti-fungal compounds. This lavender and tea tree oil recipe is the perfect spot treatment that will soothe your skin and reduce inflammation at the site of the breakout. *Note: Tea tree oil very potent, so all you need is a tiny amount of this powerful oil to penetrate the skin and unblock sebaceous glands.
- Now you can enjoy Turmeric not just in curry dishes, but on your face! This spice has amazing healing properties that help slow down cell damage, diminish inflammation from skin conditions (acne, dry skin, and eczema), fight wrinkles, reduce pigmentation and even out the skin tone. This easy and budget-friendly turmeric face mask will ensure a glow that will make you look your best!
Hope these tips and tricks save you and come to your skin rescue!