Wow, Monday’s are rough. You know who thinks differently? SMU senior Sara Puryear. This Nashville beauty is the EPITOME of self-care, inspiration, wellness, positivity, all of the above. You’ll want her to be your personal life coach. Calling you ASAP, Sara. Read on to see her complete skincare routine (that you’re gonna wanna snag), her favorite athleisure brand and her favorite inspo quotes.
– Your skin is FLAWLESS! What’s your step by step routine right now?
You’re so sweet! I always love trying new products on the market but some of my current obsessions in my routine right now are from Beauty Counter, Kopari, and Kiehl’s. A good skin care regimen can really add up, but I have found that some of the best products don’t have to be the most expensive!
My Fave Evening Skin Routine:
- Take off makeup with Kopari’s Coconut Melt, $18. It melts mascara and eye-makeup right off and smells so yummy.
- Next, I wash my face with either cleanser or a gentle exfoliator. A gentle exfoliator that I love to use daily is Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser, $23.
- Then, comes the toner! Soooo many people forget about the toner! I know I did for a long time until I realized it’s importance. Not only can toner shrink your pores, but it also restores your skin’s pH balance after using all your wonderful cleansers and makeup removers. My fave go-to is under $10 at Target: Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free, Rose Petal Toner.
- Finally, I use my Glo-Pro tool to prep my skin for a night serum, some eye cream, and in especially dry months, a good night cream! I love Beauty Counter’s Nourishing Eye Cream, $37 and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Serum, $47 (A worthwhile investment and the bottle will last you for a long time, trust me!)
Some nights I love to light a candle, make some skin detox tea, and put on a good face mask to add a little bit of love to my normal routine!
– What the number one product you can’t live without?
My number one beauty product that I can’t live without is my Beauty Bioscience GloPro Microneedling Regeneration Tool, $199. It was created by Dallas based, girl-boss Jamie O’Banion. Microneedling helps increase collagen production and is a great way to resurface and rejuvenate the skin to uncover a dewy, even glow. This at-home tool even helps your skin prepare to better soak up all the nutrients in your night serums and creams. Microneedling treatments at the spa can cost over $300 each visit, so this savvy tool is well worth the investment!
– I see from your Instagrams your big on health and wellness. What’re some of your favorite exercise places to go?
Here in Dallas, we are so lucky to have so many amazing local studios to choose from! A few of my favorites are TreadBarre, City Surf, and CorePower Yoga. I especially love that CorePower Yoga not only helps you achieve your physical fitness goals but also focuses on your inner spiritual wellness goals. The teachers there always have the best nuggets of wisdom that really jumpstart your intentions for the day ahead.
– Favorite workout gear?
Without a doubt, Spiritual Gangster! Their products are SO soft and comfy. Plus, I really love the positive, inspiring messages that their brand spreads.
I also just newly discovered LA-based workout gear company Avocado. Their high-waisted leggings are the perfect, secure fit for a good cardio or yoga workout. And their matching sport-bra/legging combos? Too. Cute. For. Words.
– Your inspiration Insta’s get me through the day. Where do you find them? What’s your favorite?
Thank you! I think social media is neat because it can be used as such a positive, powerful way to find and spread the light through uplifting messages. A few of my favorite “light-seekers” to follow on the ‘gram are:
- Lalah Delia (@lalahdelia)
- Spirit Daughter (@spiritdaughter)
- Rachel Brathen (@yoga_girl)
- Candice Kumai (@candicekumai)
Candice Kumai recently came out with a book called “Kintsugi Wellness”, based on what she describes as the Japanese art of nourishing the mind, body, and spirit. The book is filled with inspiring stories, wise advice, and food for thought…oh and real food too. The recipes in here are AMAZING for those focusing on their inner and outer health. Matcha Dark Chocolate Cake? Yes, please!
– Describe your ideal morning.
I am a biggggg morning person! I absolutely love mornings. I find that the earlier I can wake up and start the day, the more productive and positive I am throughout it. An ideal morning for me before a day of class would be:
5:15AM I love waking up before the sun does! I’ll get up, make a hot cup of collagen tea, read something inspiring, and set my intentions/goals for the day
6:00AM Time to get after a good workout. Love the AM YogaSculpt class at CorePower.
7:00AM Shower, pick out an outfit, and do my quick 10 min morning makeup routine!
7:30AM Make some breakfast with clean ingredients to fuel the day (Love a good DIY avo toast or an “at-home” açaì bowl!) and hang out in the kitchen with my roomies/besties.
8:00AM Off to class! Time to hustle, kick some booty, and accomplish all those goals!
This quote from Lalah Delia is one I often post on notes around my room to remind me of the importance of each morning.
– Where can we follow you?
Does anyone else feel as motivated as I do now? What a great way to start the week. And, thank you, Sara, for being such a light in all of our lives today and every day! Go forth, my dear readers and happy Monday!