You have class at 10:30 and a full day of work afterward – but you’re in desperate need of a good sweat session.
The 9:00 am pilates class is calling your name…but how could you possibly sit in class smelling and feeling like you just completed a triathlon? Let me tell you ladies, with the right products and preparation, it is possible!
This summer I took PRW 2 and went straight to a 2-hour public speaking class afterward every day of the week. After a few trial runs, I mastered the post-workout / pre-class routine.
What you’ll need:
- Large make-up bag (or zip-lock bag – anything goes)
- Cleansing facial wipes
- Gentle face-wash
- Toner + cotton pads
- Light, fresh smelling perfume
- Mascara (if you’re that kind of girl which I totally am)
- Change of shoes
What you’ll do:
- DAB – After your workout, head for the bathroom and dab the sweat off your body with a washcloth or paper towel. Make sure to target *underarms*, neck, and face.
- WIPE – Grab a facial wipe and swipe across your face, neck, chest, between your ta-tas, underarms, and anywhere else you feel needs attention. Simple has great wipes for sensitive skin, and I’d also recommend their exfoliating wipes to take off dead skin while you’re at it. The exfoliating wipes always leave me with a dewy, fresh-faced glow.
- CLEANSE – Once you feel your face has cooled down and stopped perspiring, give it a thorough cleanse with your gentle face-wash and cool/cold water. When you exercise, your body heats up from the inside which naturally opens up your pores, making them more susceptible to impurities getting in. Cleansing immediately after a workout will wash away the sweat and impurities that could get stuck in your pores – preventing you from a disastrous breakout. The cold temperature of the water will not only feel refreshing but help close your pores as well.
- DEODORANT – Dry off underarms a second time and apply deodorant like it’s your job. After a heavy sweat sesh, I’ve enjoyed using Dove’s Dry Spray Antiperspirant Deodorant because it leaves me feeling dry and fresh.
- TONER – Although not entirely necessary, use a toner to help your skin’s pH level get back to normal. If you suffer from chronic red face after a workout, a toner will calm your skin and reduce redness so you can show up to class confidently. Just pour on a cotton pad and press it around your face avoiding the eye area.
- SCENT – A little spritz of a happy scent is the icing on the cake that will make you feel ready to take on the day. Look for something that will make you feel clean like a fresh, floral, or powdery scent. This solid perfume by Glossier is perfect because you don’t have to worry about the bottle breaking in your bag.
- FINAL TOUCHES – If you’re hot off the elliptical or treadmill, bringing a change of shoes will cool off your feet. Complete the look with a swipe of mascara and tinted chapstick. Your post-workout glow will shine through your skin – no need for bronzer or blush because you’re already radiating!
Now get out there and get your sweat on!