Posted by Anne-Marie Clegg on April 24, 2014 | No Comments »
Spring is finally in the air and with it some beautiful warm weather. I always like to change my makeup up a bit to reflect the seasons and so I have been busting out more bright shades like corals and pinks. Below I’ll show you how to get this pretty, glowing springtime look.
1. Apply your favorite facial lotion and primer and then use a luminous foundation like L’Oreal True Match Lumi to get a radiant, glowing look. You can either warm the product up with your fingers and apply it straight to the face or use a flattop or stippling brush to give a flawless airbrushed look.
2. Use a bronzer 2 shades darker than your skin tone like NARS “Laguna” to bronze up the face or contour the temples, under the cheekbones and the jawline for the appearance of a slimmed down face and healthy sun-kissed look.
3. Fill in the brows with a brow pencil like Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz to frame the face.
4. Use a blush brush to apply a coral colored blush like Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity in “Glisten” to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards for a gorgeous, healthy appearance.
5. Use a flat shader brush or fingers to apply a shimmery white/champagne highlight like MAC “Shroom” just underneath the brow bone and next to the tear duct area. This will make the eyes appear brighter, more awake, and will clean up the arch of the eyebrow.
6. Use a volumizing mascara like Too Faced “Better Than Sex” mascara to create beautiful, full lashes.
7. Apply a champagne highlighter like Benefit “Watts Up!” to the top of the cheekbones to emphasize and bring light to this area.
8. Dab a concealer 2 shades lighter than your skin tone like Maybelline Instant Age Rewind to your under eye area to brighten, conceal, and lift this area.
9. Apply a coral lipstick like NARS “Niagra” to the lips for a lovely springtime subtle pop of color.
10. Apply a black gel liner like Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner as close to the lash line as possible. I like to wing out my liner slightly to elongate the eyes.
11. Line outer portion of the lips with a pinky-nude lipliner like Jordana “Tawny”. This will give the lips more shape, make them appear fuller, and prevent the lipstick from bleeding.