In just under a month, the students of SMU will skip town for blue oceans and warm weather. Whether you’re destination is the BVIs, St. Barts, or Cabo, one thing holds true: Bikini season is upon us. If you’re like me–and not to be dramatic–you’d rather get punched in the face than put on a swimsuit right now. However, with a month to spare, there might be hope for us yet. I’ve compiled five tips and tricks guaranteed to make you do that Kiini justice. It’s crunch time, everyone. (Pun intended. I am so sorry.)
- Invest in a cover up. I mean, duh, but careful that it isn’t too conservative. Remember that kid at your 5th grade pool party who wore his shirt in the water? Don’t bring that energy to Cabo.
- Buy a workout package. A friend of mine bought a 20-class Pure Barre package 6 months ago and still has 19 classes left. You can use hers if you don’t feel like shelling out the cash.
- Tell people you’ve cut out sugar. You don’t actually have to do it.
- Get involved in a chainsaw accident. You’ll reach your goal weight in a matter of seconds. Maybe win a little cash in the ensuing law suit? Upgraded flight, baby!
- Don’t be afraid to start 6 months ago. Timing is everything! When it comes to eating healthy and exercising regularly, it’s never to soon to start. Unfortunately, a month probably isn’t long enough to turn things around. There’s always next year!
Don’t let bikini anxiety put a damper on your vacation. With these tips, you’ll look and feel your best, wherever Spring Break 2017 takes you. If all else fails, one-pieces are back in a big way. I’m investing in multiple, and am hoping to pull them off as a stylistic choice. (But who am I kidding?) Have a safe SB, everyone. You’ll look fabulous.