We are ALL counting down the days until we’ll be vertical on the beach with a margarita in hand. With only 6 days left until Spring Break, the last minute shopping for the perfect vacay wardrobe is in full swing. Finding the perfect new bikini to kick of the break is our priority ATM. Lucky for you last minute ladies, I have found some amazing swim brands with TO DIE FOR swimsuits, to make the search a little easier.
With just two weeks before we jet set off to some tropical destination for our much anticipated Spring Break week, I have begun to shop my Spring Break Essentials Kit. While I will admit, I’ve spent a few too many hours on Revolve shopping for the perfect bikinis, I’ve also spent an embarrassing amount of time preparing my beach bag necessities. It might just be me, but without these Beach Bag essentials, no beach vacay is complete.
Although I consider myself somewhat of a skincare junkie, it’s rare that I find a product that makes a noticeable difference after just one use. That is, until I discovered Tammy Fender; a luxury holistic skincare line created with the intentions of being safe for your body, yet effective on your skin. Keep reading to discover the products that have changed my skin for the better.
We all have that person in our life who is literally impossible to shop for. She has everything a girl could want, and then some. Although finding the perfect gift for the girl who has is all can be difficult, we have some unique and personalized pieces that she is sure to love, and (fingers crossed) doesn’t already own! Here are our top ten gifts for the girl who has it all…
This past weekend, I took a trip to visit my best friend. As you can imagine, it was pretty chilly, and man did my skin take a toll. We stopped into Sephora in Soho and I was shocked when I looked in the mirror and saw my skin flaking and cracking from the cold. I proceeded to take off all of my makeup and give myself a little refresh facial. This is what prompted my serious research into keeping your skin hydrated and glowing even in the coldest of elements.
Happy Monday, ladies! Welcome to part four of our clean beauty series, ‘Clean Freak.’ In part one, we discussed what clean beauty is and why you should make the switch. The same applies to haircare. Studies have found that our scalp is extremely absorbent, so the ingredients in our shampoos and styling products, have a straight pathway into our bodies and bloodstreams. Secondly, styling products, such as hairspray are particularly harmful to not only your respiratory system, but also to the environment. Don’t do Mother Earth like that. 🙁
Happy Wednesday, ladies of SMU! Fall break is just around the corner and for all of us seniors, that means one thing and one thing only…VEGAAASS! In preparation for a weekend of pool parties, sequin dresses and bottle service, I have been testing every hangover ‘cure’ in hopes to find the ultimate antidote to a night of champagne & vodka sodas. While I can’t promise you’ll wake up 100% refreshed and rejuvenated, these tricks will help ease the headaches and ensure you don’t miss a moment of this memorable (maybe?) weekend.
- A tall, sexy glass of water and a side of Excedrin. Need we say more?
- Vitamin B6 – your new best friend. Proven to support cognition and energy levels – two things we all need after a long night out.
- We Are Wild Solid Water – keep this bad boy in the hotel mini fridge. Immediately after chugging your water and taking your vitamins, apply this probiotic toner to de-puff, rejuvenate and refresh the skin.
- Blowfish – The magic tablet. Drop one in a glass of water, the morning after, and I swear you will feel the difference. One tablet is packed with maximum strength aspirin to ease the pain, caffeine to boost energy levels and effervescence to rehydrate your body.
- Banana – You read that right. A night of drinking will suck the potassium right out of you, leading to the dreaded hangover. Replenish your body’s potassium with a fresh banana and you’ll be ready to kick off the day.
- The Party Patch – These water- resistant, medical grade patches are to be applied BEFORE you start drinking. Formulated with a combination of easily absorbed B Vitamins & Taurine, which help support metabolic & immune function, these bad boys prevent a hangover, naturally.
- Nipple Top Gatorade – preferably Glazier Freeze. Enough said.
- Patchology 5-Minute Eye Gels – too many vodka sodas = the under-eye circles from hell. These gel eye patches are a quick fix, making you look more rested and awake. Pop ’em on while you’re getting ready in the morning and voilaaa, you’re a whole new woman!
- Complex Beauty Rose Glow Glycolic Mask – another beauty hangover essential, a brightening mask! We all know alcohol is very dehydrating, so revitalize your skin with a quick 5-minute morning mask. Didn’t get around to taking off your makeup the night before (tsk, tsk)? Then this mask, formulated with rose water to refreshen and glycolic acid to reduce dullness, is a nonnegotiable.
- And if none of this does the trick, the only other option is the Hair of the Dog. Get to the pool, grab a cocktail and dance the day (and night) away.
All this being said, please drink responsibly and be safe!!!! We need everyone to get back to Texas ALIVE. I wish every senior the best weekend – celebrate big and don’t put all your money on a single number when playing roulette… I learned that the heard way. Until next time…